This Shrimp Cobb Salad is loaded with tender and juicy cajun shrimp, topped with fresh veggies, and in a tangy, refreshing cilantro lime dressing! This is the best-ever twist on the classic!
I’m always up for a quick salad that’s as massive as my noggin—anyone else on board? Funny enough, my friends often insist that homemade salads are dull, but you know what? I beg to differ.
The world of at-home salads is a playground of creativity, offering endless ways to craft dishes that are both scrumptious and nutritious.
Take this Shrimp Cobb Salad, for instance—it’s easy to make and perfect for meal prep, making the week ahead a breeze!
Ingredients for Shrimp Cobb Salad
- Shrimp: To prepare the shrimp, you can use fresh or frozen shrimp (ensure they’re thawed before cooking). Season them with a mixture of salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning. You have two cooking options: pan-searing or air frying. For best results in this shrimp cobb salad, use large or jumbo-sized shrimp.
- Romaine Lettuce: I love the crispness of romaine lettuce in a Cobb Salad! However, you can use other types of lettuce if you prefer.
- Red Onion: Thinly sliced red onion adds a delightful bite to the salad, lending it a touch of zingy flavor.
- Cucumber: I love to use the English cucumber for any salad. Chop them into really small pieces, leaving the skins on for a refreshing crunch.
- Red Cabbage: A colorful addition to your Shrimp Cobb Salad, it also brings a satisfying crunch. Add thin slices of it to enjoy its slightly peppery flavor and the extra dose of antioxidants to the salad.
- Tomatoes: I have used regular tomatoes for the salad, but you can also use a mix of cherry tomatoes.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs: Cobb salad is totally incomplete without hard-boiled eggs. They are just my favorite addition to the shrimp cobb salad.
Best Dressing for Salad
The Classic Cobb salad dressing is a simple vinaigrette with subtle notes of mustard and lemon juice. It’s incredibly simple and easy to prepare and is typically recommended for use with a blender or food processor. However, you can also whisk it in a bowl.
Here’s another Cobb salad dressing option – Cilantro lime dressing. It’s wonderfully easy to make and has a delightfully fresh flavor to the salad. The ingredients are refreshingly minimal: fresh cilantro, zesty lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt, and a dash of black pepper. It’s the kind of salad dressing that never fails to elevate your taste buds.
How To Make A Cobb Salad With Shrimp
- Prepare the Shrimp: Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil, and cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side until they turn pink and opaque. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Assemble the Salad: In a large salad bowl, arrange the chopped romaine lettuce as the base. Place rows of hard-boiled eggs, chopped tomatoes, diced cucumber, red cabbage, crumbled cheese, and sliced onion.
- Add the Shrimp: Gently place the cooked shrimp on the salad, and sprinkle chopped green onions on top for an extra burst of flavor.
- Drizzle the Dressing: Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the Shrimp Cobb Salad. You can either toss everything together or serve it with the dressing on the side for individual preferences.
What To Serve With Shrimp Cobb Salad
Shrimp Cobb Salad is a complete meal on its own, but if you’re looking to round out your dining experience, consider serving it with a side of warm air fryer croutons or a light soup.
Or you can simply turn the salad into a side dish, or serve a small portion of shrimp cobb salad with grilled chicken, or salmon.
You can also have a chilled glass of white wine or iced tea that pairs wonderfully with this refreshing salad, making it a perfect choice for a relaxed and satisfying meal.
There you have it—a flavorful and filling Shrimp Cobb Salad recipe that’s sure to become a favorite in your kitchen.
Enjoy the explosion of textures and flavors in every bite!
More Refreshing Salad Recipes
- Southwest Chicken Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
- Asian Chicken Salad
Ingredients for Cajun Shrimp:
- 1 pound medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 Teaspoon cajun spice
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoon Olive oil
Ingredients for Cobb Salad:
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 cup Tomatoes (chopped or thine slices)
- ½ cup Red onion (chopped or thinly sliced)
- ½ cup Cucumber (English or Persian)
- ¼ cups Red cabbage (finely chopped)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (peeled and quartered)
For Cobb Dressing
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon juice
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil, and cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side until they turn pink and opaque. Make sure not to overcook the shrimp. Remove from heat and set aside. If you’re short on time you can air fry the shrimp.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all the dressing ingredients and set it aside ( you can also blend it for a smoother texture).
- Take a large salad bowl, and arrange the chopped romaine lettuce as the base. Place rows of hard-boiled eggs, chopped tomatoes, diced cucumber, red cabbage, crumbled cheese, and sliced onion.
- Gently place the cooked shrimp on the salad, and sprinkle chopped green onions on top for an extra burst of flavor.
- Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the Shrimp Cobb Salad. Enjoy!